Reason: To remove surface embedded scratches, scuffs and dirt.
Benefit: Soil penetration and discoloration is minimized resulting in longer time periods between floor strippings.
Equipment Needed: Wet floor signs, low speed floor buffers, floor scrubbing pads or a floor scrubbing brush, wet mops and handles, buckets and wringers.
Chemicals Needed: Neutral cleaner.
- Gather all needed supplies and safety equipment.
- Dust mop floor.
- Position "wet floor" signs.
- Fill mop bucket with water and floor cleaning soap or degreaser, depending on your surroundings, and fill to the necessary label directions.
- Apply solution to approximately 10' x 10' section of the floor.
- Scrub with a low speed floor buffer and cleaning pad or brush. Two passes with a machine over the same floor area will assure adequate cleaning. If drying occurs reapply cleaning solution.
- Pick up dirty solution with a mop or a wet vacuum.
- Rinse with clean water and a mop. Move on to next section until entire designated floor area has been machine scrubbed.
- Clean all equipment and return to storage area.