Reason: To remove surface scratches and marks.
Benefit: Smooth, blemish free finish surface reflects more light, therefore giving the impression of a higher gloss. Extends time between complete floor strippings.
Chemicals Needed: None.
Note: Never buff unless floor is clean.
- Gather all needed supplies and safety equipment.
- Dust mop and clean floor prior to buffing.
- Install buffing pad.
- Walk in a straight line at 1-2 ft. per second, overlapping each pass by 2-4 inches. Buff until desired gloss is achieved. Repeat the process in another area.
- Change pad when it becomes worn out, dirty or loaded with finish powder.
- Dust mop the floor after buffing.
- Pick up dirty solution with a mop or a wet vacuum.
- Pick up and dispose any debris created during buffing.
- Clean all equipment and return to storage area.