Reason: To protect the floor tile.
Benefit: Improved slip resistance, easier to clean, improved appearance, lengthens floor tile life.
Equipment Needed: "Wet floor" signs, finish mop and handle or finish applicator, mop bucket and wringer, plastic trash liner.
Chemicals Needed: Floor finish and wax solution.
- Gather all needed supplies and safety equipment.
- Position "wet floor" signs.
- Line the mop bucket with trash liner to eliminate the possibility of contamination and to make clean up easier.
- Pour the floor finish and wax solution into bucket.
- Dip a mop into finish and wring out excess. Mop should be wet but not dripping.
- Allow the first coat to dry (usually 20-30 minutes). Finish is set and ready for the next coat when it's no longer tacky to the touch. Dry time will vary with temperature, humidity and air flow conditions.
- Apply remaining coats the same way until required appearance is achieved. As a rule of thumb, never apply more than four coats of finish in a single day.
- Clean all equipment and return to storage area.