Reason: To remove heavily embedded soil and scratches prior to application of finish.
Benefit: Embedded soils are removed leaving a clean base surface for a new coat of finish to be applied. Finish discoloration is minimized which translates into less frequent stripping intervals.
Equipment Needed: "Wet floor" signs, wet mops and handles, mop buckets and wringers, doodlebug, low speed floor buffer (we recommend a 20 inch machine due to its weight), floor scrubbing pad (red or blue), wet vacuum.
Chemicals Needed: A deep scrubbing chemical.
Instructions: Single Disc Machine
- Gather all needed supplies and safety equipment.
- Dust mop floor.
- Position "wet floor" signs.
- Fill mop bucket with the deep scrubbing solution following label directions.
- Apply solution to approximately 10' x 10' section of the floor. Let the solution stand for 1-3 minutes.
- Scrub with a single disc machine and scrubbing pad. Two passes with a machine over the same floor area will assure adequate cleaning. If drying occurs reapply cleaner solution. Use doodlebug to scrub corners and other areas the machine cannot reach.
- Pick up dirty solution with a mop or a wet vacuum.
- Rinse with clean water and a mop. Move on to next section until entire designated floor area has been machine scrubbed.
- Clean all equipment and return to storage area.